So much for camping on the 29th. Algonquin just pushed back opening day until May 4th.
I got "The Call" this morning: someone from Ontario Parks called me to let me know about the delayed opening (I knew) and that I'd have to re-book. Interestingly, when I called the reservation number to reschedule, their system says the new opening day is May 3rd. Either way I decided I don't need to be there on day one this year, and so I'm booked for 5 days starting May 9th. If the ice isn't gone by then, I'll go camp somewhere else.
(it will be. I think the majority will be off before the end of this weekend)